1.04.2009

Let me be me, bro.

Just a little poorly thought out randomness from me:

I bought much needed jackets for Nevan and I today (no, they don't match), and I also bought myself two pairs of little sockies for flats and two beanies. After that, we found a supermarket that makes me very happy within walking distance of the house (Cathy! They had molasses! I'm so glad I made Dave lug my jar of it here). Then I came home and bought a couple episodes of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends because Nevan has been in massive withdrawal since we left Australia. Thank god for iTunes. Oh, and for end of season sales.

Buying makes me feel better. Like a LOT better. I try really hard to not give in to retail therapy, but it all honesty when I'm down the only two things that make me feel good instantly are eating and shopping, seeing I no longer have smoking or other... things... cough... to turn to. Eating makes me fat and shopping makes me poor. Let's hope I don't do both at the same time and wind up super fat AND super poor. If that were the case I would never find clothes here, and when I did I would never be able to buy them!

Side note: the largest size they carry at the Gap in Japan is a 10. Good thing I'm a 10. Because of this I definitely cannot gain any more weight LOL

I don't know why I'm writing this. Maybe it's to assuage my guilt for not having written anything in this blog for two months.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

If I only shopped at the Gap and lived in Japan, I'd have to walk around naked. Or make my own clothes out of household items such as garbage bags and tablecloths.

since you're being random, I thought I'd be random, too. We'll both be less conspicuous that way. or something.

leaner said...

Sigh- I feel you on the retail therapy. I was trying to compact (mamas on the compact) but with the hubby in Iraq- shopping for new home stuff and new purses makes me feel less alone.

And eating at a restaurant... the best thing ever. (I still occasionally turn to the ciggy for love, but its not the same, and it makes me feel bad. Not like a new pair of pants- those love me in all the right places.)

Sara said...

I'd miss the good stuff too if I had to move away from it. And I too would be naked if I only shopped at the Gap in Japan.

Glad I am not the only one spending more than I should.

Anonymous said...

I too, love the retail therapy...in a love/hate kinda way. Americans would be screwed in general living in Japan, wouldn't they? Well, as far as clothes go. THere...yet another random comment.