2.11.2007

Temporary Move to Singapore

It's been raining pretty hard here for the last few days since we returned from our trip to Malaysia. So hard I couldn't take Nevan out to the playground, or even out for a walk, as I can't find his stoller's rain cover at the moment.

Finally there seemed to be a pretty good break in the tropical downpours we have here, so I took Nevan over to the neighbor's house to run around a little in a different environment. We were having a talk when she excused herself to check on her baby who was taking a nap (don't worry, this isn't about the baby! The baby is fine!).

My phone rings. It's Dave! I answer it. Right off the bat, he says to me "My boss asked me if we would move to Singapore for two months, starting towards the end of this month."

My immediate reaction: "What?!"

We talked it over and have decided to do it as it will really push him forward in his career. It's a lot to ask of little Nevan, to fly there, to CA, back, then back to Australia after we just got back from Malaysia. Hopefully, by keeping him busy and rested, we can make it all fun for him.

The company is almost 100% sure they want Dave to start working there on the 21st, so we would hopefully be leaving... crap... this weekend. We are hoping to push it back just a bit to give us some time to prepare the house and our stuff.

I had lived in Singapore for two years when I was young, and I didn't really enjoy it, but I'm going to keep a smile on my face and be optimistic!

No comments: