That damned Wondercat - always making us all giddy to write long journals! Here is the happy version of my bio... hehehe!
My name is Juliana, although everyone calls me Jae. I am married to an evil genius of a man named David. When we originally met I was a little put off by him because he was going through this "I don't smile" phase. Very long story made very short, he found out I had quit my job, and he was a supervisor at an internet company at the time. He asked me if I wanted a spot on his team. I said yes. What happened next? We'll just say secret, torrid office romance between supervisor and rep :D Eventually it became clear to both of us that our relationship had spiralled out of the non-commital fling and into an intense romance. Everything worked out in the end, obviously! We got married four and a half years later, had a beautiful baby boy a year after getting married, bought a house in San Jose, CA, then moved to Australia.
One major aspect of the current incarnation of my life is travel. I travel *all* the time. I am tired of it. As I sit here I am still wearing the clothes I came home from the airport in, after a 13 hour flight from SFO to SYD. Of course, I did just get home about an hour ago, so that's not quite as gross as it sounds :D On the other hand, Nevan did manage to drool all over the neck of my tshirt on the plane as he dozed face down on me. So hmmm... I should go take a shower as soon as I'm done with this!
Going along with the travel theme (Wondercat, I know you feel me), I was born in Kuala Lumper, Malaysia, where my mother's side is from. I have also lived in
- Singapore for a combined total of 3 years
- Bangkok, Thailand for a combined total of 9 years
- Massachusetts for a year and a half
- Throughout the SF Bay Area for a combined total of 15 years
- Now in Australia since last September
Hmmmm... what else. If you believe in astrology (I don't, but it's fun anyways), I am an Aries, and born in the year of the goat too (1979). I am strong willed, crass, playful, seriously opinionated, and materialistic but I wouldn't have it any other way. I see myself as full of opposites. I am strong willed, but the first to apologize in an argument. I am crass, but I know how to be sweet (and I'm usually pretty quiet). I am playful, but depressed too. I am opinionated, but am willing to change it if I see fit! As for materialistic, that really only applies to how I am with myself, and not at all in how I judge others (oh, did I forget I am sometimes judgemental?!). Wow I sound like a total bitch! LOL!
Silly tidbits...
- I am always changing my hair. Right now it's chopped up and hot pink/deep brown.
- I was a Bio major with concentration in Forensics/Pathology. I wanted nothing more than to solve crimes. I still have a passion of crime stuff.
- I admit to being an avid listmaker, although I am not a type A personality. I organize my grocery lists by aisle. My husband used to think this was silly until he realized how useful it was!
- I was a child runway model (only a few times).
- I lost my virginity when I was 13, which I guess is really young when I talk to some others. It was the right time for me. Of course I balk when thinking about my own child doing something that stupid at 13!
- I was a total party girl in HS and college.
- I don't drink, but I like some alcohol now that I'm older.
- My toenails are always painted.
- I am practically blind. Most people don't know this because I wear contacts.
- While I do like Scrabble and other word games, Jumble is my favorite.
- My favorite beverage is an old fashioned chocolate coke.
- As far as hobbies go, I am a closet scrapbooker/cardmaker. I am happiest when I am taking photos.
- I have an insatiable shoe and make-up addiction.
- I shop when I'm angry or depressed :D Nothing beats retail therapy!
7.20.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment