Haha... don't take that the wrong way!
Nevan woke up and we played a little and had breakfast. Then I decided to take him out. Where we are in Singapore right now is right off the major downtown shopping district, so we walked to a mall closeby that has a supermarket and stuff. I wanted to swing by MAC (okay - I'm a makeup addict... not exaggerating), and he sat quietly and watched me pick out makeup. He was being so cute and giggling at the sales lady and showing her his trains (and he's a Thomas the Train junkie!).
Closeby there was a cute little cafe/bakery/restaurant, and they had these little booths that were one seat on each side. I took him out of the stroller and plopped him down on one side, and I sat on the other. We ordered a few pastries and nibbled and laughed and played trains. I wish there was some way for me to convey how bright his smile is, or how deep his eyes are, or how he shows me how much he loves me. Watching him watching me from across the table as we played and chatted was incredible. It was one of those moments you suddenly notice how much your child has grown and how much their brains have developed. I mean, my god, he's not even quite two yet. Two years. That seems like such an insignificant amount of time.
He has changed me and my life so much. I hope he has children some day so he can have what I have. And so I can be the grandma that spoils her grandkids with tons of presents at every visit!
3.27.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment