1.26.2008

WC Spreading Love The World Over...

The always-amazing Wondercat is a sweet, sweet girl who reads my stupid, rambling journals and for some reason is sweet enough to indulge my persistent IMs and sardonic conversations. Above and beyond half-listening through bleary eyes to me blah-blah-blahing on about god knows what for nearly a year now, she actually pays attention to what I say (clearly, a sucker for punishment). First and foremost, I want to thank you for that. Thank you for listening to me talk, whether it's about nothing or something. Comparing our alpha male husbands which apparently led to our alpha male sons, crazy Asian moms, travel pains, and minute fractions of nationalities.

I came home yesterday, ridiculously tired, nauseous still from the flu, morose as usual that my Davey-pants is still out of town. My house was nearing disaster status, the litter box was full, the cats were hungry, and my kid was doing laps around me, demanding a snack. I tried to take care of everyone and everything, then opened my laptop. Up pops an IM from my favorite person in HK (ok, I only know three people in HK but still she wins by leaps and bounds). She asks if I received a package.

I always come in through the garage, so I ran out to check. There, next to the door, was a box addressed to me. All of the things that were weighing me down seemed to slip off my shoulders as I screamed at Cathy "OMG WHAT IS IT?!" out of total shock and excitement.

I opened it to find a lovingly packed box of delicious truffles, along with a note that said "For emergencies only. For best results, consume with a bottle of wine. -Cathy"

This lady, who has never met me yet knows me better than many who have, who lives in another country from me, had this beautiful little gift sent to me just to cheer me up. No other reason. Not Christmas. Months still til my birthday. I'm not pregnant.

It was really touching, and I am trying really hard to not eat them all in one sitting. They are SO GOOD, and I appreciate it so much.

Now that I've thoroughly embarrassed you, I'm sure you'll never make that mistake again LMAO!!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Aw how sweet! Reminds me of someone else I know as well.... You deserve all the goodness in the world Jae.