5.08.2008

Quote for the moment...

By one of my on again, off again favorite authors, Aldous Huxley:

"It is perfectly possible for a man to be out of prison, and yet not
free — to be under no physical constraint and yet to be a psychological
captive, compelled to think, feel and act as the representatives of the
national state, or of some private interest within the nation, wants

him to think, feel and act. The nature of psychological compulsion is
such that those who act under constraint remain under the impression
that they are acting on their own initiative. The victim of
mind-manipulation does not know that he is a victim. To him the walls
of his prison are invisible, and he believes himself to be free. That
he is not free is apparent only to other people. His servitude is
strictly objective."

I wish to live in a Brave New World. Then again, he also apparently said this:

"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."

I think I'm in love! HEHE

No comments: