We are to:
Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself.
I know I have a million quirky and definitely boring aspects of me, but ask me to think of them and I draw a blank. And then of course there is reading someone else's meme and going "Oh! ME TOO!" and now not being able to use those (not that I would have remembered on the spot anyways). So here ya go:
1. In a public bathroom stall, I always look down to make sure no one is looking at me through the reflection of the tile. I caught another woman looking at me once and I panicked (I think it was accidental... I like to think she was just looking down at the floor at the same time and we just caught each other's eye). This is why I hate bathrooms with reflective floor tiles and neurotically cover up as much as possible while sitting in the stall.
2. I really shouldn't own pets. I hate having to take care of them. *Hate*. I think I should just get an Aibo and be done with it (which I did almost buy years and years ago, except that the Sony Aibos are expensive).
3. You guys already know I love purple. I try to downplay how much I do actually love it. I'm not obsessed with it, but I literally notice it in even the smallest quantities wherever I go, like a bee to a flower. Today I was walking outside my office and there was a giant woman in a crushed velvet plum goth style dress... the dress itself was nauseating, but I have to admit I was momentarily hypnotized by her big purple ass.
4. I haven't had a proper pedicure in a year and a half because I only like to go with my best friend. We didn't get a chance to go when I was in the US last time, and the time I saw her before that was a year and a half ago. I just don't like people touching me... including my feet. So I do it myself and it comes out quite well!
5. I can drink tons of pickle brine and be fine, but if I drink green olive brine I'll puke. It's too bad too, because I love green olive brine.
6. I love to cook and bake for others. If owning a bakery/patisserie didn't involve having to get up at 3am every day, I totally would own my own little shop. I love to see the delight on people's faces when they take a bite of something delicious (or at least fake it for my sake).
2. I really shouldn't own pets. I hate having to take care of them. *Hate*. I think I should just get an Aibo and be done with it (which I did almost buy years and years ago, except that the Sony Aibos are expensive).
3. You guys already know I love purple. I try to downplay how much I do actually love it. I'm not obsessed with it, but I literally notice it in even the smallest quantities wherever I go, like a bee to a flower. Today I was walking outside my office and there was a giant woman in a crushed velvet plum goth style dress... the dress itself was nauseating, but I have to admit I was momentarily hypnotized by her big purple ass.
4. I haven't had a proper pedicure in a year and a half because I only like to go with my best friend. We didn't get a chance to go when I was in the US last time, and the time I saw her before that was a year and a half ago. I just don't like people touching me... including my feet. So I do it myself and it comes out quite well!
5. I can drink tons of pickle brine and be fine, but if I drink green olive brine I'll puke. It's too bad too, because I love green olive brine.
6. I love to cook and bake for others. If owning a bakery/patisserie didn't involve having to get up at 3am every day, I totally would own my own little shop. I love to see the delight on people's faces when they take a bite of something delicious (or at least fake it for my sake).
I'm not going to tag anyone, but I'd love to read yours if you haven't done one yet!

8 comments:
Thanks Jae! These are fantastic!
I have to agree with #1 totally! When I was working in Singapore the bathroom stalls all had reflective surfaces that were like mirrors! And you know what some of the Asian toilets are like... right? EWWWW....
And #5... I don't even want to go there!
Thanks for playing!
Oh crap, you've given me something else to worry about when I go to a public restroom! I'm always inspecting the toilet, making sure there is no pee on the seat (I don't sit, but the thought of my butt hovering over pee makes me sick) I investigate the T.P. situation, look through the cracks to make sure no one is watching and if at all possible, get a stall on the end so only one person can be beside me. Now I have to watch out for shiny tiles!
I obsess over pink, but not that bad!
I loved reading about your quirky self. I always peer out through the crack between the door and the wall to see if anyone is looking in and like you, I once caught someone's eye. It freaked me out too.
i'm a little obsessed with purple as well. i notice it like you do. and thanks also for the new paranoia that someone will be looking at my girly parts on shiny bathroom floors.
Great list. As usual I find out more interesting quirks about you. Once you're my age you want give a crap about the bathroom sitch - you'll just be glad to go! LOL I love purple too - I wish I could do some purple streaks in my hair...
It kinda freaks me out that you know you can't drink green olive brine without throwing up..
Bake for me! Bake for me! Thanks for doing this to entertain those of us (me) that don't have much excitement.
I've never been in a ladies' room with shiny tiled floors, and now I never want to! Ewwwww.
And dude, you should totally open up a bakery around here, like in New Haven. You could open at like 2pm and close at like 2am. People love places with hours like that around here. You'd make a killing.
OMG! Reflective bathroom tile!? Why have I never thought of or noticed this!? Thanks for adding more to my already someone long list of neuroses.
And purple!? Realy!? LMAO that you were mesmerized by a big purple ass. I'd kill for a picture of that!
I want a quirky meme! :-) This is awesome! And I love all of your photos!
Post a Comment