9.06.2008

What's On Your List?

I have always had a mental checklist of things I want to do or see before I die (besides the usual "live to meet my grandkids" stuff). Do you?

*I have been doing some research and have added to my list ;)

- See the erupting volcano on Kona, HI.
- See the dead people in Pompeii and Herculaneum, Italy.
- Explore the ancient city of Machu Picchu, Peru. A coworker of mine went and was just blown away.
- Go to Egypt and see the pyramids. I'll try to accomplish this as I swing through Italy to see Pompeii.
- Take Nevan on a full tour of Europe.
- Vacation in South Africa. Preferably when people aren't killing one another.
- Live in Japan and thoroughly explore it (yay!)
- Adopt a child.
- Retire in Maui.
- Start my own business.
- Visit Kho Phi Phi Lek and Yai, Thailand.
- Save enough money to never have to worry about my family or my future.
- Lose ALL of the weight I have gained.
- Have a boob lift, all the way up to my earlobes if possible!
- Go into outer space. I may have to wait until I'm cremated for this one.

That said, writing this entry recently reminded me of the things I HAVE achieved that were on my list... things such as meet the most amazing (ly annoying) man and lock him in and have a child with that man, have a functional relationship with my parents, own a house, and never, ever stop traveling. I gots da itchy traveling feet!

I'd love to see your lists!

8 comments:

Mimi said...

Great list Jae! Love it!

I'll think about mine and get back to you!

cathy said...

Mwuhahaha. If you were me you could cross two things off your list already. That's right, I've seen dead Pompeiians and been to Kho Phi Phi Leh. Envy me. Now. :)

Snobby, annoying comments aside, this is a great list. And now I'm curious as to what you would look like with boob ears. (Or is that ear boobs?)

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the boob lift would be appealing for me, too, until Cathy called them boob ears.
I love your list! And since I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to see the dead Pompeiians or Kho Phi Phi Leh, I hope you blog about it and take lots of pics!!

Jenni said...

I love the erupting volcano! I can't believe I've never thought of adding that to my list (I'm a closeted geogolgy nerd and am obsessed with volcanos). I may have to steal that item off your list, or just tag along with you if you get the chance to go :)

Jess said...

That is a great list Jae. I have never actually put my list into a list before. I'd have to say that I think my list would be similar, I'll have to think on it.

Sara said...

I've now realized I need greater aspirations in life.

Alicia said...

At least we'll eventually live near each other; I plan to retire on Maui, too. Maybe we can be neighbors!

4 Lettre Words said...

Great list and mine contains a lot of travel/site seeing, as well. I, also, would like to adopt!

Great post! Did you see the movie, "The Bucket List"?