2.17.2008

And So Endeth The Age of The Binky.

As some of you know, my son had Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease this last week. Gross, I know. And no, it's not related to Hoof and Mouth Disease that cows get.

So in being infected with this annoying little germ, he had two ulcers on the edge of his tongue. This sucked for many reasons: it hurt him and thusly made him cry or whine regularly, he wouldn't eat, barely drink, he drooled all over me all. the. time. And... he couldn't use his binky. He would try, then scream that it hurt. He'd try again, and again. Finally he got the picture - he couldn't use it. Reluctantly, he barely argued when he'd ask for it and I'd say "Remember, baby? It hurts your tongue?" DING bright idea - this is the time. We'd been trying everything short of cold turkey to get rid of this damn thing, and here is my once-in-a-lifetime opportunity... and fucked if I'm not going to seize said opportunity with both hands, nails dug in deep, knuckles white with desperation.

It's been about a week and no binky! I'm tossing them all this week.

No comments: