I've been up since 3am, and I just got home after spending almost three hours in the ER with Nevan. He had thrown up, which in itself is not hospital worthy, but then screamed and cried in pain for the next few`hours. Finally I got so freaked out we took him in. His pain was so severe the Dr. asked to give him codeine/acetaminophen (plus he couldn't come close to Nevan without getting smacked by panicked little hands). I really didn't want to, but he was hurting and we had no idea why. They allowed me to administer the codeine, which helped Nevan not meltdown even more. Finally he passed out for a bit so the Dr. could feel his guts, appendix, and check the testicles to make sure they weren't contorted. Nevan woke up for that part and screamed - not even the codeine could knock him out enough to allow someone to poke his goods.
Nothing was out of the ordinary. Dr. thinks it's just a bug, but seemed concerned about the pain level. He advised us on how to control the pain, and if/when we should take him to the children's hospital.
Since we've been home, Nevan heaved up some bile. He's now passed out across my lap. On top of all this, Dave is gone all next week on business (again).
I keep imagining the worst.
2.17.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment