12.31.2007

Two Zero Zero Eight

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

We are luckily able to see a bit of the harbor from the master bedroom balcony, and we aren't far from downtown Sydney, so we had a great view of the fireworks from the barges that are parked down through the harbor (although we couldn't see the Harbor Bridge, we could see the fireworks coming off of it). As usual they have the kiddie's firework display at 9pm, so we laid out a picnic blanket on the balcony, got out some pillows, and my stolen comfy Eva Air down blanket (I figure WC will get a kick out of that).

When you're looking at the fireworks pics, the one you can barely see all the way to the right are the ones going off the Harbor Bridge (can't see the bridge from our point of view). The other two are from barges. The one closest to us on the left was actually REALLY close, but the pictures don't show that very well at all.

After the fireworks, we played with sparklers. I have to say I'm thoroughly pleased and surprised and Nevan didn't burn himself or someone/something else! Good boy, Nevan.

Waiting for the fireworks to begin:


Fireworks!


Look, Daddy!


Sparklers:


Well, that's the evening in a nutshell! I hope everyone here has a fantastic New Years.

As a side note, I can't believe I've been addicted to this site for a year now...

No comments: