12.04.2007

Ahhhh High School

I was sorting through my bookcase and came across my yearbooks. I pulled out good ol' '97... the year I graduated High School. Reading back on the comments people made brought back a lot of memories, so I thought I would share the ones that made me smile the most. That could mean that they were funny or ridiculously generic. What's funny is that even the ones written by people who were good friends at the time have this mildly generic quality to them.

My friend Lete wrote:

Golly gee you are so different + unique. Right, like I really believe that you trendy wench. ha ha ha you bucket of garden utensils. I think that deep down you are a wonderful and sweet person. Don't forget to let that show through. If you let down your guard once in a while maybe you won't have to always be so GUARDED. I love you my little drama queen.

The bucket comment came from us being stoned and trying to come up with different variations of the term "ho bucket."

--------

A friend writes:

Ohmygosh. We're done. Oh boy. I'm soooo... giddy. I had so much fun kickin it w/ you in Dillard's fuck fest & Lampkin's soul-loving orgy parties. Ahhh yesss you are the best. Thanks for the talks and being around. I know everyone writes this but I really mean it! CALL ME THIS SUMMER - LEZ KEEP IN TOUCH!!! Okay, so anywho - um yeah you and your boyfriend can come over and me and my gfriend and you and your boyfriend can be perverts and have group sex. A million dollars baby!!! Oh yeah! or, maybe - we can take some psychodelics and have some tea. Oh how I'll miss moustache woman :( PEAS. CALLMEBYE

Moustache woman was our English teacher (Dillard). And we did stay friends for years afterwards and even almost had nookie once. Every once in a while I still get an email from him. No mention of group sex though! LOL

----------

Some guy I don't remember at all writes:

From what I knew of you, you are the most unique and interesting person I know. Your style, clothing, senior ball dress, even the pen you signed my yearbook with. Don't lose this. You so good standing out - continue. Whatever you are going to do with your life, good luck. If I ever see your name on the binding of a book even if it is mushy and stuff I will pick it up and read it, it's bound to be unique. You've always said you like to write, I think you'll be good at it. Remember, as always, be happy - always. Best Wishes.

Holy crap dude - did you have that written out as a template and just put a new name on each one?! I think it was kind of creepy. Oh, and my senior ball dress was a full Victorian gown my mom made for me. The pen I used for yearbook signing was the kind you dip in an inkwell. It made a giant mess of everyone's yearbooks - YAY!

---------

Another completely generic one - except this was written by someone I knew decently well so I assume it was sarcastic or he was stoned at the time:

AAH this year is over. Oh well. It has been so cool having you in my life. Thank you for adding to me as a person. I have learned quite a lot from your views and ideas on life. Thank you for just being you.

---------

Last one for this entry. This is from another close friend, Jeff. He gives me his address and phone number as if I didn't have it or couldn't find his house even if I were stumbling and so high I had poked my eyes out or something.

I WILL WRITE BIG no wait that's annoying. You're such a cool character, I feel so blessed to know you. You make my days very intriguing indeed. So why are you running away from us?!? You need to keep in touch, dear. I would wilt like a kitten in a microwave w/out you in my life. My phone number is as follows: XXXXXXX. If the writing bug ever bites you on the butt, I have an address too! Send all notes, scribbles, postcards, letter bombs, and homing pigeons to: XXXX. Well I know we will talk later this summer and people are anxious for me to stay writing, so I'll give you a big HAPPY TRAILS!!! and send you on your way. BIG TIME LOVE
---------

Ahhh High School. How I don't miss you :)

No comments: