
You always hear people say "they grow up so fast," but you just can't see it until it's in front of your face. The other day an old friend, who I haven't spoken to in years, sent me an im. We started talking, and he asked how old Nevan was. When I replied with two and a half, he just about shit a brick. To be honest, saying it just about made me shit a brick too. It's a strange emotion to be simultaneously frightened and proud.
I love that little guy more than I could show him. Sometimes I feel like an awful mom because I know he won't see how deeply I do until he has his own kids. I think I also yell too much. He's always jumping on me or hitting me, and after a while (and a fat lip or a bruise) I get mad. I guess I need to find a better way to stop him. How is it toddlerhood can be so wonderful and difficult at the same time?! It's always two steps forward, one step back with them.

No comments:
Post a Comment