9.08.2007

Meow! I'm Ridiculously Excited.

In November, the two sphynx kittens we've bought will be ready for weaning and will come to their new home... US! I'm stupid excited and I can't wait. I talked to the breeder on the phone a couple days ago. The litter has three boys and only one girl. Luckily I was the first to ask her for the girl right away, so she is mine!

After much deliberation (and serious consideration of the names suggested to me in the Parents With Pets group), we've decided to stick with Caesar and Ruby as their names. I was a bit torn between Caesar and Senator, but I think Senator is much more a dog name. It's also the nickname my husband's close friend's had given him years before I met him, and I think it's adorable.

I am SO ridiculously excited I bought a few things on my favorite pet website, trixieandpeanut.com, which I used to buy from all the time when I had my sphynx, Lex, back home in the US. They mostly sell dog items, but have a section for cats. FYI, there are more things on that site suitable for cats than just the things listed in the kitty section.

Unfortunately, sphynxes also need clothing for cool weather or when they go out, as they are hairless. I don't really like it when people dress up their animals, but there are a few breeds of dog and cat that actually need it. So I got them a basic black, waffle weave thermal shirt and will adjust the fit when I receive it.

No comments: