Today is Dave's 34th birthday! Happy birthday, honey!
I've really been trying to get back into taking photos, so I made myself take the camera out today. Here are a smattering of them from today.
Lil' Roy Orbison giving a thumbs up and Dad

We then decided to drive out to Mona Vale, where we ended up at this beach. It was pretty freakin' cold! It reminded me of being at Ocean Beach back home.




These kids were freaking me out. I saw them come to the beach with their boogie boards and no adults (must be local kids - couldn't be any older than 10-12). They were having their asses beat by the surf and Dave had to stop me from going over there and making sure they were okay.

It started out not too badly, but it didn't take long for the clouds to start looking a bit menacing. When we first got there:

About 30 minutes later:

Still, I love dramatic weather!

And for dinner... Dave requested my steak pie with mashed potatoes and strawberry pie for dessert. The pie is a whole, petite seared steak topped with dijon, a fried sage leaf, and a chunk of vintage cheddar, then wrapped in puff pastry and glazed.


There goes my diet!

11 comments:
Ok lil miss Martha Stewart, that steak pie looks and sounds totally yummy. And strawberry pie for dessert?! Mmmm. Dave is one lucky guy. Sounds like you guys had a great time. BTW, it cracked me up that Nevan totally looks like Roy Orbison in that first picture.
Damn, that food looks good! Send me some?
Sounds like a great birthday. The beach is beautiful, even with the storm clouds. And Nevan is adorable as always.
Dude, where did you learn to cook like that? I'm envious. I don't think I'd have the patience to make those kinds of meals.
And Nevan totally looks like Roy in that picture. How cool is that?
I'm totally requesting that for my birthday..yum!
The pictures are just beautiful, like always!
Gorgeous pics! You might be able to even get me to eat steak, it looks so yummy. I'll definitely eat the pie. I can't bake so I am most envious.
I can't believe you cook like that. I am in awe! I totally want the recipe for that steak thingy. My hubby would worship me if I made that for him.
Your beach pics are gorgeous!!
holy crap, i seriously drooled over that dinner picture. when i visit you, you are totally hooking me up with that platter of fatty goodness.
happy birthday DAVE!
The steak pie looks yummy! Great photos. Happy Birthday Dave!
Happy Birthday Scruffy!
your pictures are SO fantastic!! I need some schoolin' from the pro!
Jae, you're an amazing photographer. I LOVE the pics. And may I say that I am now drooling for some of that birthday dinner?? You rock my friend. So glad to be able to catch up ;-)
Wow, that sounds like a really great day. Happy Birthday Dave! Your two boys are sooo cute.
Post a Comment