6.22.2008

Finally Free of the Bane of My Existance

*biiiiggg sigh*

Once upon a time, Maya's Mom was a wonderful site for me. It was for a long time. Like anything wonderful, it changed (or I did), and as in all relationships the two must decide if they can change together to coexist, or not and depart from one another.

After moving the more meaningful journals here over the last few days, I have chosen to move on. I thought about staying on just so I could stay in touch with my friend's journals. And there is also making sure the never desired and too often heard from dardardumdum mulletasaurus headcaserhiney had no sense of satisfaction. After long thought I decided that I keep in touch with my friends off MM anyways, and that try as I might I just couldn't give a shit about Dar's satisfaction, even if I ate tons of exlax and drank a couple gallons of prune juice. So I did what made me feel good!

I thought I might be sad, but actually I feel quite relaxed about it. I wish there was some way for me to have transferred over all the awesome comments you guys left on those journals! That is the only thing I will really feel sad about. Other than that, it was the right choice for me.

p/s Chrissi - if you read this, sorry to dump Sub Cultured on you. Hope that's alright, or you can pass it on to someone cool who will have time for it (maybe Cristina?).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I was sad to see that you closed your account but you're right -- we don't really communicate through MM anymore anyway (now that we have each other's REAL email addresses). I'm glad you feel good about closing your account. But you know I'm going to start making all sorts of references about stuff going on MM now that you just won't know about. Awwww.

Lisa said...

I was sad that you closed as well, but since I know it was what you really wanted, I'm okay with it. I know I'll be seeing you on the internet, so it'll all be good.

Christina said...

I've been expecting it, and even though I plan on closing my account soon too I still cried when I watched your farewell video. Sap I am.

No worries about SubCultured. I always felt like an ass because I never post anything, even though I thought about it often.

I'm glad you feel better now. Hope that's just the beginning of an upward turn for you.

Alicia said...

Little by little, one by one, I think the majority of us will end up following suit. Sometimes you just outgrow things.

We've still got all sorts of ways to communicate so I'm not worried.

I love your ass, Jae. Love it.

Jenni said...

Jae I was also sad to see you close your account. I have to agree with you though, MM pretty much sucks now. It's not what it once was. I used to really enjoy posting all sorts of things on there, especially my journals (maybe I'll have to get my blog up and going again).

The only reason I hang around there anymore is to stay in contact with my girls, but we all seem to be using MM less and less every day. "See" you around :)

Sara said...

I think I've posted more journals here in a few days than I ever did there. I only read about 1/100th of what I get there anyway.

Glad you did what will make you happy. I will send you my e-mail to make sure you don't lose me. (Uh, wait, isn't it on here? I'm new to this whole thing.)

Anonymous said...

yep, it made me sad to see the "closed message", but i'm really feeling more and more like doing the same. all the time i spend on there reading inane comments used to be time i spent reading blogs, and i have to say, the blogs are much better food for my brain.

Mimi said...

Jae- I was really sad to see you closed your account but totally understand.

I hope you don't mind if I stalk you here and add you to my blog roll -- as I am trying to do with all my MM buds.

I too feel that MM has changed (but I blame Babycenter more than anything/one)

Love to have you visit my blog when you feel like it!