6.07.2008

What Boredom Will Do To You

I have started the long process of stretching my earlobes. You can bypass the correct, healthy way to do it by getting a hole punched out of your ear (think three hole punch) or by scalpeling your earlobes, but I know someday I will take them out so I'm doing it the right way.

Those of you who have seen people with stretched earlobes have probably seen them with tunnel jewelry in, which I generally don't like. Once mine are large enough I'll be using plugs. Here's an idea for anyone who needs help picturing that - I'll probably only go up to her size as well:

Anyways, my piercer had to repierce my ears because they weren't perfecting centered and equal to one another (yay for incompetant, piercing gun wielding mall ladies), but he did it with a needle a size larger than the standard piercing (14 gauge). I have temporary jewelry in for the next month and a half until these heal, then will be stretching to either a 12 or 10, depending on whether or not my other ball drops by then LOL!

The piercer and I were talking about stuff in general and I mentioned who was doing my tattoo, and he knew him and agreed he was awesome. Then I mentinoed how I want to become an apprentice in a few years or so, and he slyly mentioned he was looking for an apprentice piercer. Tempting, but not what I want to do right this instant. Plus that can't pay very well.

I sort of wanted to document it for myself, so here is the first step. The part going through my ear is the small indentation in the middle, so yeah, not exciting yet. And yes, I AM aware that my earlobes are severely attached.

As a complete side note, I got bored on my day off when I was at home alone, so I decided to do the front of my hair in the old retro/rockabilly way that I did when I was younger. Not too shabby I think, considering I didn't have a real curling iron to do it with! Unfortunately, my hair is too long to style the way I used to, so I didn't really bother with that part.

Anyways, that is my update for now. I can't wait to see them fully stretched out! I've never gone that big before, and I hate having to wait.

1 comment:

leaner said...

I used to have my ear lobes stretched. And loved it. Not exactly sure why I removed them.

Your hair looks awesome. I have always been hair challenged.