In about 12 hours Dave will board a plane with two of his good friends/coworkers, Rafe and Colin, bound for SF. He will:
- work like a madman. Non-stop conferences, team building events, and work dinners.
- take the two knuckleheads to my parent's house for dinner
- pick up a few things I ordered online (YAY for Shure earphones)
- drop off things for my parents, including having to set up an iPod for my mom and teach her - how to use it (please pray for him)
- meet up with his own parents
- go to Bed Bath & Beyond for me
- buy toys for Nevan that don't come from an airport
- try to squeeze in meeting with our real estate agent, who is an hour away from SF (thinking about selling the house)
- spend one night in Vegas with the boys. They have a total bromance going on.
My hat goes off to all you military wives who single parent for long periods of time. I just don't know how you guys do it for so long. I have to take half hour lunches while he's gone so I can leave half an hour early to pick up Nevan in time. We also have a release coming up and I've been talked into working fridays for the next two weeks. Five days a week! I treasure my fridays alone... it's my time to be a lazy sod. That's going to make me a very grumpy ass.
That's all the whining I have to do right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Yikes man! Well, at least it sounds like you're going to get a nice load of stuff for yourself when your errand boy -- I mean, husband -- comes back. Oh the joys of single parenting...don't worry, Dave will get a taste of it himself in a couple more weeks. :D
LOL over "bromance". i wish you and nevan could tag along and make an out of the way pit stop in virgina! good luck single parenting jae :-)
Wait, you still own a house in CA? I didn't know that.
I'm with you; I don't know how military wives or single moms do it. I would be a raving lunatic on my own.
I don't know how military wives do it either. One week without hubby and I am going insane.
I hope your release goes well and you are back to lazy Friday's soon.
I can't imagine working full-time and being alone, so my hat is off to you my dear! At least it's only for a few weeks, time will fly and he'll be back before you know it.
I'm totally laughing at Dave trying to help your Mom with the iPod...should be exciting. And "bromance!?" LMAO~ I can't believe I've never heard that before! D.Jones has had a 2-decade bromance with his frat brothers. It's all very weird. Thanks for the new term to harrass him with!
Post a Comment