7.14.2008

Friday Journal Challenge: Lazy Sunday

As you might suspect, this one is photo heavy. Not much happened on Sunday... I mostly did tons of cleaning and didn't want to take lots of pictures of that. I'm sure you guys all know what folding laundry looks like ;)

As usual, the first thing I do every morning is open my laptop. On this particular morning I was buying some apps for my iPod, mostly for my flight next week.


And when I saw this app I naturally had to buy it. You know, in case Cathy breaks out Scrabble. Oh, and yes, I was stupid happy that I could almost spell out "in coitus."


Then we got dressed and had breakfast. He saw the camera out and wanted me to take a photo of both of us (awww!). I don't know why he looks so pale here...


After some housework, I took Nevan to the playground. This bird was wandering around me like it was looking for food. The playground is also nestled up against a sheer rock wall.



I like this picture. He looks like he's the captain of his boat, looking out across the water. He played...


and played...



and plaaaaayed.






I was sitting there listening to my iPod and playing with the apps I had just bought that morning, being happy that I'm going to Japan. I think all of you know I've wanted to go for a while, so that I get to go AND without a child is practically a dream come true. Then I remembered I had kanji on my hoodie, so I took a picture for no good reason. I love this hoodie... it's heavy cashmere and has thumb holes for when I'm freezing my ass off under the A/C at work.


Then we went home.


Not long after that came sunset. I only get to see it on the weekends now that I work, even though I have a window desk at work. I guess I never look out of it when I'm there.


I'm so boring! Let's all thank Cathy for reminding us of that with this journal challenge she came up with :P

11 comments:

Jess said...

Gorgeous photos as usual Jae! Your Sunday seems nice and relaxing, like it should be!

Anonymous said...

Your day looks a lot more fun than mine. Lucky Nevan getting to hang out with mommy all day. Even if he did fall off some weird hammock thing at the playground (what IS that anyway?!). And thanks for showing me that app. You know I'm totally getting that one now, right? (I sense a challenge coming on)

I kinda wish you'd taken pictures of laundry Sunday. I'd forgotten what folding laundry is like. :D

AmandaR said...

That sunset picture is beautiful! Also I dig your hoodie.

Oh and I miss you.

Move
Here
Now

Christina said...

That sounds like a lovely day! You had fun time with your beautiful boy and that's the most important thing. Just wait till I get mine up, it will be lots of: here are the kids being ignored while mommy does homework. I'd take your day over that anytime.

PS- Have fun in Japan!

Anonymous said...

Wow...your day at the park has much better views than ours...and that sunset is AMAZING! BTW - Coops and Nev have the same bike. That's how the cool kids roll....

Lweeks said...

Awwww, thanks for sharing your day. It makes me feel like I'm there with you. Have a fabulous trip - you lucky girl! Btw - that is a really cool park for Nevan.

Alicia said...

Awesome pics, Jae, as always. I love that spider web on the playground. How cool!

Sara said...

You could not pick a prettier place to live a boring life. Ryan would go nuts for that playground. I would for your sunset. Sounds like a great day to me.

Homeslice said...

yeah, we're all boring - but our cameras take pretty pictures. i love the one of you and nevan together :-)

Kate said...

I totally want an iPod touch now just for the Scrabble app. I'm such a loser that I would sit and play that shit all damn day.

Your boy is gorgeous!

Mimi said...

Wow! Those are cool pics! Love them!

Love the playground!