7.05.2008

Friday Journal Challenge: Fireworks

After I gave Jess a hard time about posting something not expat friendly, I saw fireworks tonight across the river. I didn't have my camera on me, as I was just taking a stroll over to a store. Ah well... here are two pictures from New Years:



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, even though Nevan looks like he's about to set himself on fire, I love that picture of him with the sparkler.

Unknown said...

He's so cute, all captivated by the sparkler. Last night my mom said she had sparklers but didn't want to get in trouble with the police. I made fun of her for about 20 minutes. "We've got reports of sparklers on the east side. Requesting backup."

Nice job fulfilling the photo challenge even though you hate America.

Homeslice said...

okay that is why sparklers are illegal here in virginia. seeing nevan with one made me ultra-nostalgic for the days when kid could run around with burning torches and not worrying about being arrested.

and see? the photo challenge WAS ex-pat friendly. no one said it had to be 4th of july fireworks! great pics, by the way - as always.

Jess said...

Ahhh! Nevan looks so cute! Those sprinklers aren't even sold where I live, all the ones we had were completely lame!

Jenni said...

Those photos are great. I love the one of Nevan with the sparkler :)

Christina said...

Beautiful pictures, especially the one with Nevan! I miss sparklers too.

Alicia said...

In all the years of photo taking, I don't have 1 pic of a firework. Sad.

I love the pic of Nevan. I love how the sparkler illuminates his face.