7.24.2008

Japan So Far

I think most of you have already had the distinct pleasure of seeing Cathy's post about our first day together in Japan. It's complete with photos of me that all scream "omg please don't...... take that picture. Crap." Cathy's lucky she's such a sweetheart, otherwise I might have had to kick her butt!

Anyways, I haven't taken nearly as many pictures as I've wanted to, mostly because it's hard to hold a camera steady when you're slick with sweat. I have never been graceful in heat and poor Cathy has had to witness my sweaty glory. I thought I would share what photos I have so far because we miss you guys and I wish you were with us.

Cathy laughing at me. This was at our first outing together at the Mandarin Oriental. It's kind of cute that regardless of the breathtaking view we only took photos of one another. Awww! *puke*


In and out of subway systems... you line up on the left so people walking up the escalators can walk on the right. This loose idea is fairly common through the world, but the Japanese take this to a whole new level.


Here's me being Japanese. Sugoi!


Cathy laughing HYSTERICALLY at me this morning when I told her my sunglasses sometimes fog up. She laughed for a couple minutes straight. If you're sensing a theme, you'd be right! I'd like to say it's because I'm funny, but I'm starting to wonder...


We went to a museum solely to see torture devices from medieval Japan because we're kind of weird like that. At the museum they had a lot of other Japanese artifacts and reproductions of various stuff. This dude was there. I like to pretend he's dancing. Jungle boogie!


Stamps.


She is completely map obsessed, which is good for me. I sort of follow her through the subway systems like a lost puppy. I have never seen such an extensive subway system than what they have going on here! She's been sweet enough to be my guide.


Some sweet sake to go with our delicious sushi dinner tonight.


A short stroll in the hotel's beautiful gardens after dinner.


That's it for now :) I'll post more later. Hope you enjoyed. I miss you guys!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe. I'm totally laughing again just thinking of you doing that sunglass-wiper move with your finger. LMAO.

And yes, luckily for me you think me being a sarcastic bitch=sweetheart. Awwww.

Sara said...

Awww, I miss you guys too. I wish I could go to a torture museum! Never knew it existed. You guys look like you are having a blast!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures, Jae! I love the Jungle Boogie pic. That is awesome!

Cathy is mean like that. She's like a cobra...she just waits to find a weakness and then she springs on you with her fangs and never lets go. I'm just glad she has a new victim for now, so that means I'm in the clear! Whew~ Keep sweatin' girl! :)

Wish I was there. :(

Mimi said...

Oh wow! those are such amazing pictures!

Sounds like you two are having so much fun!

I would love to do Tokyo! Sounds like you guys are having a trip!

Christina said...

Sounds like so much fun! I had to laugh at your subway picture, the Germans are just as obsessive except you stand on the right. If someone dares stand on the left an old German lady will inevitably shout "Rechts stehen, Links gehen!" at them. Ah, memories.

Lisa said...

You are so lucky to get to go to Japan. I'm jealous.
Looks like you're having a great time! Enjoy it for me.