Take a new photo of something that is not related to your family and write a haiku about it.

You're my tickley pet!
Hanging out there, now we're friends.
I am delicious.
*********

Youth, sweet and naive,
Frolicked in sunny meadows
Now you feast on me.

9 comments:
wow, jae, thanks for setting the bar high!!! geez. i haven't done poetry since college.
1. What is that thing?
2. That right there is why I don't eat meat. Ewww.
3. You know I suck at poetry, right?? Crap. At least I'll have to think.
Sara -
1) tapeworm. "Hanging out there" refers to how they dangle out of one's anus after a while of being in their host. "I know we're friends" made me think of shaking hands with the tapeworm once it's hanging out like that.
2) I know what you mean, but hey... to not eat what is so tasty is just shameful! Think of their feelings! Do you think they could handle the rejection?
3. I can't wait to ready your sucky haikus! Bring it on!
Oh too good... it will take me a few days, but can I play too?
Mimi - of course you can!
I joined in, enjoy. Although I can't say mine are "funny" but I am not in a funny mood today.
I think someone had a little TOO much fun at the Parasitological Museum. Tapeworms are NOT pets Jae! Didn't you read the fine print?
And about your second haiku...I've found that the cuter the animal, the tastier they are. Mmmmm.
Inspired by tapeworm? You're creepy in your awesomeness.
I thought it was a tapeworm, and then I was like, "NO, it can't be." Alas, it was. Ewwww.
Post a Comment