We pulled out some canvases and paint this afternoon to fill up some time. Nevan loved it and was tickled pink, so I took a bunch of pictures. Hope you likey.
Nevan Da Vinci, master painter:

Experimenting with different things to paint with:

He would make a few strokes, then raise his brush and say "aaaaah!"

Painting "a happy face." You can tell he's a lefty.

That's genius, baby, PURE GENIUS.

One of the finished products (we did two). This was the large canvas. I have to say I actually really like it! It's so colorful. I told Dave we should sell them and make MEEEEELLIONS.

11 comments:
Those are really good! And I'm not saying that to be pandering and suck-uppy. But then again, you're probably the type of mom who encourages artistic growth and creativity instead of the kind (me!) always freaking out about messes and colors getting mixed together.
BTW, how cool are you that you have canvas and oil paints just laying around for emergencies.
Aww thanks! He had tons of fun and thankfully did it with minimal mess (he did manage to tag me twice on my shirt though).
And OH LORD NO, not oils... they're acrylics. I'm not giving my three year old my oils!
I try to keep a few canvases hidden away in a closet... you never know when a masterpiece is about to happen (wow, that was pure cheese).
We LOVE painting days at our house too! It's so much fun watching kids be creative. His paintings are great, very colorful!
Very nice, looks like a fun filled afternoon! We have some shots of Fiona like that "Santa" brought her an easel and paints for Christmas this year. I love it when they get so serious about their work!
Us lefties are very artistic:)
It looks like Nevan had a great time. Those paintings are totally worthy of hanging on the wall. I'd put one in my home for sure.
I have a stack of empty canvases in my basement too Jae, never know right? Course, I haven't picked up a paint brush in two years, but hey, could happen.
I can't believe how big he looks! You have a budding artist on your hands.
Bravo Nevan Da Vinci, Bravo!! I love the choice of colors, the overlapping swipes, and the use of the canvas! All very artistic indeed!
The photos as always are fantastic. Nevan is an awesome painter, you should put those bad boys up on ebay :)
Those are fantastic!
Yes, meellions dahling....
beautiful! seriously!!! and nevan looks SO much like you in that first picture. he's so creative!
SOOO cute!! That boy is gonna make you guys rich! Fillllthy RICH!!
Post a Comment